To get the gourmet look of these White Chocolate Macadamia and Peach Ice Cream Sandwiches, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. After removing ice cream from the ice cream freezer, spread in an even layer to desired thickness in prepared pan, and freeze for at least 4 hours or overnight. Then use cookie cutters instead of a scoop for each sandwich. We used a 2½-inch round cutter.
White Chocolate Macadamia and Peach Ice Cream Sandwich
- Fresh Peach Ice Cream (recipe follows)
- White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies (recipe follows)
- Using an ice cream scoop, place 1 scoop Fresh Peach Ice Cream on flat side of half of White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Place remaining cookies, flat side down, on ice cream. Freeze in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Fresh Peach Ice Cream
Makes about 3 quarts
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 3 cups sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 5 large egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled and pitted
- 1 (11.3-ounce) can peach nectar*
- In a large Dutch oven, bring cream, evaporated milk, sugar, and salt just to
- a simmer over medium heat (do not boil).
- In a medium bowl, combine egg yolks and vanilla. Add 2 cups hot cream mixture to egg mixture, whisking to combine. Whisking constantly, gradually add egg mixture to remaining hot cream mixture in Dutch oven. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- In the container of a blender, combine peaches and peach nectar; process
- until puréed.
- In a large bowl, combine cream mixture and peach mixture. Pour mixture into the container of an ice cream freezer. Freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions. Ice cream will be soft. For
- a firmer texture, spoon ice cream into a freezer-safe container, and freeze for up to 1 month.
*We used Jumex Peach Nectar.
White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup whole buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 (11-ounce) bag white chocolate morsels
- 1 (12-ounce) can salted macadamia nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with a mixer at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg and buttermilk.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. Stir in oats, white chocolate morsels, and macadamia nuts. Using a 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop dough 3 inches apart onto prepared pans. Press batter to ¼-inch thickness.
- Bake until lightly browned, 12 to 14 minutes. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!