White chocolate, pecans, and oatmeal combine to create scrumptious cookies. Enjoy them with our flavorful Apple Pie Ice Cream.
White Chocolate-Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
Makes about 34
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1½ cups quick-cooking oats
- 1¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of ground red pepper
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and egg yolk, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bourbon.
- In another large bowl, stir together oats, flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and ground red pepper. Gradually add oat mixture to butter mixture, beating until smooth. Beat in pecans and white chocolate. Drop mixture by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, about 11 minutes. Let cool on pans for 2 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire rack.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!