Monograms add a personalized touch of elegance to everything they grace. Allow the monogrammed linens that traditionally filled a bride’s trousseau to inspire the decor of the next bridal shower you host. The bride’s new initials can adorn the invitation, gifts, and, of course, the desserts. Here’s how to create special monogrammed cookies for your fete.
Monogram Stamp Cookies
Write a review
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 cups all-purpose fl our
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup colored sanding sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, sugar, and confectioners’ sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract, until fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add to sugar mixture, beating until combined. Shape into a disc, cover with plastic, and refrigerate 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with a 21/2-inch round cutter. Using an initial rubber stamp, stamp each cookie, pressing lightly. (Spray the stamp with cooking spray, if necessary.)
- Bake 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- Let cool on pans 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine meringue powder and water, stir until smooth. With small pastry brush, lightly brush each imprinted initial with meringue mixture. Sprinkle sanding sugar in initial and tap out excess. Using a clean small brush, gently remove excess sugar around letter.
- Brush edge of each cookie with meringue mixture. Roll edge of each cookie in sanding sugar to coat. Transfer cookies to cooling rack to dry completely.
- Sanding sugar, which is available at specialty baking supply stores and some grocers, has a slightly coarser grain than table sugar and will not dissolve when baked.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/