Vibrant and tasty, this Winter Salad with Tangerine Vinaigrette highlights seasonal produce and features a zesty citrus vinaigrette. Garnishes of blue cheese and toasted almonds infuse a saltiness that rounds out the bountiful flavors.
- 2 heads Bibb lettuce, chopped
- ½ head radicchio, thinly sliced
- 1 (4-ounce) bag watercress, stemmed
- 8 tangerines, sectioned
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) bag radishes, thinly sliced
- Tangerine Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
- Garnish: sliced toasted almonds, blue cheese crumbles
- In a large bowl, combine lettuce, radicchio, watercress, tangerines, apple, and radishes, tossing to combine. Serve with Tangerine Vinaigrette. Garnish with almonds and blue cheese, if desired.
- 1 cup tangerine juice
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ cup extra-light olive oil
- In the container of a blender, combine tangerine juice, vinegar, shallot, mustard, honey, salt, and pepper; process until blended. With blender running, add olive oil in a slow, steady stream; process until blended.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!