These Zabaglione with Fresh Berries and Almond Cookies are a sweet treat.
Zabaglione with Fresh Berries and Almond Cookies
Makes 6 to 8 servings
- 6 egg yolks
- ⅓cup almond liqueur
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh blackberries
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- 1 cup sliced toasted almonds
- 1 (3.5-ounce) box almond thin cookies
- In the top of a double boiler, whisk together egg yolks, liqueur, and sugar until combined. Cook over simmering water, whisking constantly, until mixture is pale and thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl, beat cream with a mixer at medium speed until soft peaks form. Gently fold in egg yolk mixture until combined. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or up to 2 days.
- Divide berries among serving dishes. Top with desired amount of cream mixture. Sprinkle with almonds. Serve with cookies.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonal themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!