Bacon adds a crisp, smoky top note to classic deviled eggs.
Bacon-Topped Deviled Eggs
- 18 large eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 6 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 tablespoon dill pickle juice
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garnish: cooked crumbled bacon
- Place eggs in a large saucepan with enough cold water to cover; cook over high heat until water begins to boil.
- Reduce heat to medium; simmer eggs for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat; drain eggs, and rinse with cold water. Peel eggs, discarding shells. Halve eggs lengthwise.
- Remove yolks, and place in a small bowl. Mash yolks with a fork until crumbly. Add mayonnaise, sweet pickle relish, dill pickle juice, mustard, and pepper, stirring until well combined. Spoon egg yolk mixture evenly into egg whites. Garnish with bacon, if desired.
Discover seasonal style ideas, delicious recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!