Barbecue Beef Brisket is infused with plenty of flavor from smoked paprika, chipotle chili powder, onion, garlic, orange marmalade, and more.
Barbecue Beef Brisket
Makes 10 to 12 servings
- ¼ cup smoked paprika
- ¼ cup ground chipotle chili powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup orange marmalade
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 (7- to 8-pound) beef brisket
- Preheat oven to 275°.
- In a medium bowl, combine paprika, chili powder, minced onion, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, pepper, and red pepper. Trim fat cap on beef brisket to ⅛-inch thickness. Rub entire surface of beef brisket completely with spice mixture. Place beef brisket, fat side up, in a large disposable aluminum foil roasting pan.
- In a small bowl, combine marmalade, ketchup, and mustard. Spoon marmalade mixture over top of beef brisket. Cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 7 hours. Remove fat from meat. Shred meat, and serve with sauce from pan.