If the weather is fine, cook these burgers on the grill for smoke-kissed flavor.
Big Bacon Cheeseburgers
Makes 4 servings
- For Big Bacon Cheeseburgers:
- 1 (1-pound) package thick-sliced bacon
- 2 pounds ground chuck
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1¼ teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 8 slices Colby-Jack cheese
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- For Burger Spread:
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1½ teaspoons prepared horseradish
- For burgers: In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until browned and crispy. Reserve 8 slices bacon; set aside. Crumble remaining bacon.
- In a medium bowl, combine ground chuck, crumbled bacon, Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. Divide mixture into 4 equal portions; shape each portion into a patty about 4 inches wide.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook burgers over medium heat for 6 to 7 minutes per side, or to desired degree of doneness. Place 2 cheese slices over each hamburger patty; cook for 1 minute, or until cheese is melted.
- Spread Burger Spread over bottom halves of toasted onion rolls, if desired. Top as desired with burgers, lettuce, tomato slices, onion slices, pickles, reserved bacon slices, and additional Burger Spread. Cover with onion roll tops. Serve immediately.
- For spread: In a small bowl, combine ketchup, mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, and horseradish. Cover and chill.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!