Fresh corn, tomato, cilantro, onion, jalapeño pepper, and lime juice make this salsa a refreshing addition to summer menus.
Fresh Corn and Tomato Salsa
Makes about 4 cups
- 2 cups fresh corn kernels
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomato
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Tortilla chips, to serve
- Garnish: fresh cilantro, lime wedges
- In a medium bowl, combine corn, tomato, cilantro, onion, lime juice, oil, cumin, salt, and jalapeño. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes. Serve with tortilla chips. Garnish with cilantro and lime wedges, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!