Grilled Steaks with Blue Cheese Dressing
Makes 6 servings
- 6 (8-ounce) filets mignons
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Blue Cheese Dressing, to serve (recipe follows)
- Garnish: green onions
- Spray grill rack with nonflammable cooking spray. Preheat grill to medium-high heat (350° to 400°).
- Sprinkle both sides of filets with salt and pepper. Let filets come to room temperature, about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Place filets on grill, and cook until a food thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 135° for medium-rare (about 4 to 6 minutes per side) or to desired doneness.* Remove steaks from grill, and let stand for 10 minutes. Serve with Blue Cheese Dressing. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
*With a rest time of 10 minutes, cook until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 145° for medium, 150° for medium-well, and 155° for well done.
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 1½ cups mayonnaise
- ¾ cup whole buttermilk
- 1 (1-ounce) packet ranch seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 8 ounces blue cheese crumbles, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- In a large mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, ranch seasoning, sugar, black pepper, and hot sauce. Whisk until mixture is well combined and starts to thicken slightly.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place mayonnaise mixture and 2 ounces blue cheese crumbles. Pulse until blue cheese is well incorporated and mixture is smooth.
- Return mixture to mixing bowl. Stir in fresh chives and remaining 6 ounces blue cheese crumbles to combine. Chill for 1 hour before serving.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!