These classic Kentucky Derby Pie Bars full of flavor from vanilla, brown sugar, pecans, and chocolate.
Kentucky Derby Pie Bars
Makes about 24 servings
- 3 cups graham-cracker crumbs
- ½ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup dark corn syrup
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1 (12-ounce) bag mini semisweet chocolate morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Spray foil with nonstick baking spray with flour.
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar, and egg white, stirring until well combined. Press crumb mixture into the bottom of prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes; let cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar and corn syrups. Add melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and salt, whisking until well combined. Stir in pecans and chocolate morsels; spoon mixture over prepared crust. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until middle is set.
Don’t miss our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and seasonally themed special issues! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!