This delightful signature Lavender French 75 cocktail lends a note of festivity to any occasion.
Lavender French 75
Makes 12 servings
- 2½ cups Lavender Simple Syrup (recipe follows in Iced Tea Bar)
- 1½ cups dry gin
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 (750-ml) bottles brut sparkling wine
- Garnish: lavender blossom
- In a large pitcher, stir together Lavender Simple Syrup, gin, and lemon juice. Pour ⅓ cup gin mixture into a Champagne flute, and top with ½ cup sparkling wine. Repeat with remaining gin mixture and sparkling wine. Garnish with lavender blossom, if desired.
Lavender Simple Syrup
Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups water
- 2½ cups sugar
- 1 cup lavender blossoms
- ¼ cup blueberries
- In a medium saucepan, bring 4 cups water and sugar to a simmer, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, and add lavender and blueberries; steep in liquid for 20 minutes.
- Strain through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding lavender and blueberries. Refrigerate until completely cool. Syrup will keep in an airtight container for up to 1 month.