These Mini Taco Salads are delightful bite-sized treats perfect for snacking or serving to a casual gathering of friends.
Mini Taco Salads
Makes 12 servings
Write a review
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 1/4 teaspoons ground cumin, divided
- 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 1/4 cup prepared salsa
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 teaspoons ancho chile powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 cup finely shredded green leaf lettuce
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup finely grated Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, garlic salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cumin; set aside. Using a 4-inch round cutter, cut 3 circles from each tortilla. Brush both sides of prepared tortillas with butter mixture. Place centers of tortillas in wells of a 12-cup muffin pan, carefully pressing remainder of each tortilla up sides of muffin pan to form a cup. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly browned and crisp. Cool in pan for 10 minutes; remove to a wire rack, and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine salsa, sour cream, and cilantro. Cover; refrigerate. In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, cook ground chuck for 6 minutes or until browned and crumbly. Drain meat completely. Return to heat; add water, chile powder, remaining 2 teaspoons cumin, garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper, and red pepper, stirring to combine well. Spoon meat into prepared tortilla cups. Top with lettuce, salsa mixture, tomato, avocado, and cheese. Serve immediately.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/