Pear and Blue Cheese Pizza
Makes 4 servings
Write a review
- 1 (16-ounce) ball refrigerated pizza dough
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 red pears, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 4 ounces blue cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Garnish: arugula leaves, honey
- Let dough stand in a warm place for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425°. In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Add onion and garlic, and cook until onion just begins to wilt, 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 12-inch circle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle bacon mixture over crust, leaving a 1-inch border. Top evenly with pears, thyme leaves, and cheese.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, 15 to 18 minutes. Garnish with arugula leaves and a drizzle of honey, if desired. Serve warm.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/