Butter, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, nuts, create a these Pistachio Sandies.
Makes about 30
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped pistachios, divided
- 1 large egg yolk, lightly beaten
- In a large bowl, beat butter with a mixer at medium speed until smooth, about 1 minute. Add confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt; beat just until combined. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour until combined. Stir in ¾ cup pistachios.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 10x2-inch log. Wrap dough tightly in parchment paper. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 2 large rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Brush outside of dough log with egg yolk, and roll in remaining ¼ cup pistachios until fully coated. Slice into ¼-inch rounds, and place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!