This Roasted Okra with Buttermilk Herb Dipping Sauce is a delicious Southern classic.
Roasted Okra with Buttermilk Herb Dipping Sauce
Makes 6 servings
- 2 pounds small to medium okra pods
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Buttermilk Herb Dipping Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Cut okra pods in half lengthwise. Spread okra in an even layer on rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, stirring to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, stirring well. Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until lightly golden and tender. Serve with Buttermilk Herb Dipping Sauce.
Buttermilk Herb Dipping Sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) container plain yogurt
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, and buttermilk, whisking to combine. Add dill, parsley, and chives, stirring well.
Don’t miss an issue of our delicious recipes, party ideas for every occasion, and more! Subscribe to Southern Lady today!