Add this impressive Rosemary and Garlic Beef Roast to your holiday menu.
Rosemary and Garlic Beef Roast
Makes 8 to 10 servings
- 3 pounds boneless rib-eye roast
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh rosemary
- ¼ cup chopped garlic
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. Tie with kitchen twine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together rosemary, garlic, and 4 tablespoons oil.
- In a 10-inch cast-iron skillet, heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add roast; sear, turning occasionally, until browned, about 3 minutes per side. Gently press rosemary mixture onto roast.
- Bake until a meat thermometer inserted in the thickest portion registers 135°, about 1½ hours, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. Remove from skillet; let stand for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring rendered juices in skillet to a boil over medium-high heat; cook until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve juices over roast.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!