Our Rosemary Breakfast Sausage, served with whole-grain mustard, will be a new favorite for festive gatherings.
Rosemary Breakfast Sausage
MAKES 4 TO 6 SERVINGS
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Whole-grain mustard, to serve
- Garnish: lemon slices, fresh rosemary
- In a large bowl, add pork, rosemary, brown sugar, salt, lemon zest and juice, garlic powder, onion powder, mustard powder, and red pepper. Using hands, mix sausage mixture until just combined. Shape sausage mixture into 12 patties. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or until ready to cook.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Working in batches of 4, add sausage patties to hot oil in skillet. Cook, turning once, until browned on both sides, and a food thermometer inserted into the thickest portion of the patty registers 145°, about 5 minutes on each side. Serve warm with mustard. Garnish with lemon and rosemary, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!