Autumn Wine Cocktail
MAKES 4 DRINKS
- ¾ cup Tangerine and Cardamom Simple Syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 to 6 ounces bourbon, according to taste
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 12 ounces red wine
- Fill a cocktail shaker halfway with ice. Add simple syrup, bourbon, and lemon juice. Cover, and shake vigorously for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Strain into 4 chilled wineglasses. Top each glass with 3 ounces red wine, poured slowly over the back of a spoon so that wine floats on top of syrup mixture.
Tangerine and Cardamom Simple Syrup
- 1 tangerine, sectioned
- 2 teaspoons whole cardamom pods
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a small saucepan, bring all ingredients to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat, strain, and let cool completely.