This Spicy Chipotle Chili is a delicious bowl of comfort food during the winter months.
Spicy Chipotle Chili
Makes 8 servings
Write a review
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups water
- 2 (16-ounce) cans hot chili beans, undrained
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 21/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- Garnish: shredded Colby-Jack cheese blend
- In a Dutch oven, cook ground beef over medium-high heat for 8 minutes or until browned and crumbly. Remove meat from pan, drain, and set aside.
- In Dutch oven, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Add reserved ground beef, water, chili beans, diced tomatoes, chili powder, chipotle pepper, adobo sauce, brown sugar, cumin, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano, stirring to combine well. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, covered, for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Garnish with shredded cheese, if desired.
Southern Lady Magazine https://www.southernladymagazine.com/