White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Blackberry Swirl make a perfectly sweet ending for summer meals.
White Chocolate Cheesecake Bars with Blackberry Swirl
- 2 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- ¼ cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces white chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lightly packed lemon zest
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup blackberry purée
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Garnish: fresh blackberries, fresh mint leaves
- Line a 9×9-inch square pan with plastic wrap, letting the excess extend over sides of the pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cookie crumbs, brown sugar, and butter. Press crumb mixture into bottom of prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 20 minutes.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave white chocolate on high in 10-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted. Let cool slightly.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, zest, and salt at medium-low speed until smooth. Gradually beat in melted white chocolate. Place cream cheese mixture in a large bowl, and set aside.
- Wipe mixing bowl clean, and return to stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat cream at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Using a whisk, fold one-third of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture; fold in remaining whipped cream until no streaks remain.
- In a small bowl, stir together purée, granulated sugar, and lemon juice.
- Pour half of cheesecake filling into prepared pan, smoothing top with an offset spatula. Spoon 2 tablespoons purée mixture onto filling. Spoon remaining filling evenly on top of purée mixture. Dollop remaining purée on top; using a wooden pick, gently swirl purée and filling together. Freeze until firm, at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, let sit at room temperature for 15 minutes. Using excess plastic wrap as handles, remove from pan. Cut into rectangles. Garnish with blackberries and mint, if desired.
Discover inspiring style ideas, seasonal recipes, and more by ordering your Southern Lady subscription today!